Keep the Pregnancy
If you choose to keep an unplanned pregnancy, weigh it well. Raising a child is hard work! Here are some questions about pregnancy you will need to think about:
- Am I ready to be responsible for all of my child’s needs?
- What would having a baby right now mean for my future?
- Do I have the finances to support a child?
- Who will I raise a child with?
- How much support will I have from my family and friends?
- How would having a baby right now affect my family?
- Will I be able to take care of my health and get antenatal care in order to have a healthy pregnancy and child?
- Will my partner accept responsibility for the pregnancy?
Learn more here about the phases of pregnancy and what to expect.
Do note importantly that an unplanned pregnancy is not the end of your life. It is also not a sentence to a sub-standard life. Many examples abound of people who had unplanned pregnancies and were able to live through it and continued with their lives and future plans.
Speak to your parents and trusted friends or adults that you know.
Be determined to do what is best for you and your baby.
If you decide that keeping the pregnancy isn’t the right choice for you, remember there are other unwanted pregnancy options such as adoption.
Seek help and stay strong!